Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
SpiroCreations: Custom fit. Gorgeous supple leather. Yum!!
Hand In Heart Necklace/Bracelet Multi Faceted Malachite and Sterling Silver
by my favorite: VeryMaryJewelry
Shehitpausestudios is by far one of my favorite photographers on etsy. He has been
featured in Nylon.
A little spooky, but this VooDoo bracelet by OrganicGirls
this one-of-a-kind is "loaded with various "charms" including tiny pocket knife, vintage rosary, old cross found in an arroyo in New Mexico, horn and bone objects, African trade beads, skull beads with tiny droplets of blood red Swarovski crystals."
I find SO much that is just TO DIE FOR on Etsy. I will definitely keep posting my favorites here.
Monday, August 10, 2009
My loyalty to Sephora is so insane that every time I purchase something I receive a free gift, sometimes 2! Mind you that in order to receive a gift you must have 100 points (1 pt per $ spend). Anyhow, my only disappointment is buying a product so well marketed and packaged and being nothing but disappointed. I have combination skin that is frequently congested because of the dirty NYC air it breaths everyday. I have a hard time with products that are too oily (especially in the hot summer city), however I had always been great at making recommendation of products… skincare and makeup... to friends and have always been well received and even applauded for the *awesome* advice! I would like to begin my weekly “beauty.skin” review to once again, share the wealth as unbias a possible.
BLISS: clog-dissolving cleanser 6.7oz $28.00
Oh! This product is absolutely amazing for all skin types... including those who have problem skin. This product contains exfoliating enzymes that digest dead skin cells to leave soft radiant skin. I used to use products with acne medications because I thought they would help clear up my skin, and because my face was so tight after washing I felt that it must be helping my oily skin. Not the case. These cleansers tend to over dry your skin and leave your skin thinking it must produce more oil to overcompensate. More oil leads to more bacteria and more sebum that causes blackheads and pimples. EW!
The moment you massage this product on your face you will feel it working immediately! My face always feels really clean because it gets all my makeup off (unlike most gel cleansers) as well as the grim and dirt from my long day. This cleanser also doubles as a 5 minute facial mask, and gives your face a nice boost of glow (especially after those long nights out). The great citrus smell is one of my favorite aspects, compared to all those other products out there that have an unpleasant medicine smell.
I also recommend using this product with the daily detoxifying toner below.
BLISS: daily detoxifying facial toner 6.7oz $26.00
This toner is the perfect pair with the clog dissolving cleanser! The moment you use it your skin says "AHHHH." It minimizes the appearance of pores, detoxifies, and de-stresses your skin. Its sweet citrus scent is refreshing, and this product contains rose water to keep your face moisturized while it's being stripped of debris. I also use this on my back, chest and neck to exfoliate dead skin cells. I HIGHLY recommend both of these products to even those with the most sensitive skin!
Keep coming back for more beauty reviews and tips!!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
1. Ebay: Now I know everyone knows about ebay, but very few seem to explore it. Which is quite a shame. Know what to look for.
- If you are looking for Cheap and Unique start with Vintage. For trendy items that are sure to be hot again this fall/winter look for them around summer time to get the best prices. Remember that fur vest you couldn't seem to find (affordable at least), or that great pair of motorcycle/riding boots? Now is the time to look! While sorting through all the listings from keywords such as vintage dress can be overwhelming, I have listed a few of my favorite vintage ebay stores that always have a great selection.
Indie Cult Vintage
Enid and Edgar : Favorite for Boho and Hippy finds
Laced with Romance
California Vintage Connect
- Designer items can also be found at reasonable prices, especially gently used. A few of my favorite things to look for are used/vintage Louis Vuitton bags, new or gently used shoes such as chloe, louboutin, or miu miu. Be careful of fakes however these faux finds can also be a good thing. Many suppliers in China and HK list faux louis, tiffany, and even ray ban wayfarers. Great thing is... these are VERY affordable and are usually fairly good quality (for what you pay for atleast). Dont ever buy any authentic bag without the listing specifying it's authentic. Otherwise you may end up paying a high price for a not so high quality bag. Louis below sold for $50, and wayfarers for $55.00 (retail $110.00)
2. Outlet Stores and Off-Price Retailer
- Now I know not everyone is within close proximity to a great outlet but if ever in the Orlando area check out the Premier Designer Outlets and the Prime Outlets. You can find Neiman Marcus Outlet "Last Call", Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet "Off Fifth", Coach, Kate Spade, Cole Haan, Juicy Couture, the list is endless. Sign up for these outlet's member only emails and receive coupons to take up to an extra 75% of all ready discounted prices. Now that is UNordinary! The outfit below was purchased at Off Fifth for about $200.00. Tory Burch Top originally $425.00, and skirt originally $225.00. Recent purchases also include a silk scarf from Coach $40 bucks, Juicy Tracksuit $80, Coach Dog Collar $25.
- TJMaxx, Loehmanns, Century 21, Ross, Marshalls. There really is no excuse not to find something amazing at these stores! My favorite being TJMaxx, only because I can always find an excuse to buy a $10.00 yoga mat, cheap/amazing spa and salon products like Ahava, Bliss, Bedhead, Bumble and Bumble; or my recent fabulous South Beach Extravaganza purchase: A Trina Turk bikini for under $50.00!
- Check out local goodwill stores, thrift shops, yard sales and flea markets for amazing treasures! You will have to have alot of patience during these adventures, and dig through alot of shit to find you newest addition... but it could be well worth it! Check in your local newspaper for yard sale advertisements, and hit up the local fleas.
4. SAMPLE SALES: My favorite part of living in the city, and new yorkers reason for staying thin (to fit into sample size of course!)
- Check out DailyCandy.com for weekly and month sample sales